Music for 2016 | Part I

After many (two) complaints I decided to bring back this feature. It's just that with time my filters have become denser and very little new music ends up on my final collection. Plus I still haven't found a passion for writing. But here are some records I've been checking out lately. (I'm also including a "Anspieltipp" from now on, a recommended track. But the german word is just spot-on.)

Salve Discordia
by Triángulo de Amor Bizarro
* * * *
It was obviously the band name, a reference to the New Order song Bizarre Love Triangle, that drew initially my attention. Soundwise however they are closer to noise pop à la Pains Of Being Pure At Heart. But don't get put off by the word noise: the sound on this record ranges from catchy pop rock tunes to more spacier and dreamier bits. I just enjoyed this a lot more than what their fellow countrywoman from Hinds did on their debut.
Anspieltipp: ▶︎ Seguidores

Songs for our Mothers
by Fat White Family
* * * *
Who's the whitest boy on the beach? Although their second album is a bit of a let down (probably due to excessive drug abuse by the band members) I'm still going to overrate it, that's how much I like them. The opening track is just amazing and the record finishes eloquently with a love letter dedicated to Goebbels. No, it's meant to be ironic. Controversial, I know. But nothing else should be expected from these crazy bastards.
Anspieltipp: ▶︎ Whitest Boy on the Beach

Värähtelijä
by Oranssi Pazuzu
* * * *
And if you prefer something heavier, this is what I got for you. It's a very interesting blend of psychedelia and black metal. It's quite the trip: groovy and spooky, filled with wailing synths and menacing riffs. Certainly worth a spin.
Anspieltipp: ▶︎ Hypnotisoitu Viharukous

Ugh, that was hard. I still can't help but cringe every time I read something written by myself... Anyway, in the meantime I will also catch up with some new releases.

0 fruits commented:

Post a Comment